25 Jun Style File: Pointy Toe Flats
by ATFDC Contributor Barbara Collins
Women are always looking for comfy, yet stylish shoes to wear while commuting to work or running errands around in the city. Flats are a necessity for every woman and can be our best friend for those long trips on foot. We’ve seen the typical ballet flats, the loafers, so how about you give the pointy-toe flat a try! These on-trend flats are perfect for the office and comfy among those who have a long commute to work. Plenty of women are scared to try these flats because they appear to be uncomfortable and can make feet look unpleasantly longer. However, with cautious styling, pointed toe flats can be an edgy, chic, and a flexible option with many outfits. We think they’re perfectly polished for work with slim trousers or a below-the-knee dress and super cute come the weekend with go-to skinny jeans. Right now this trend comes in endless styles from printed, suede and patent versions. Here is a list of five affordable pointy-toe flats fit for anyone’s budget!
- ALDO Hilser Ballet Flat Shoes, $48 – This neon yellow pointed-toe flat by ALDO features a patent leather and a low heel for a little height.
- Christina Classic Flat, $79.98 – “Practical yet undeniably stylish, these sleek stunners were made to conquer city streets with ease.” You can get this amazing flat in orange, turquoise, or black and white striped!
- Report Grover Flat-Silver, $50 – Let your pretty feet shine in this detailed silver flat. You can easily dress this shoe up or down depending on the occasion.
- Steve Madden ‘Vegass-L’ Flat Leopard, $90 – “A pointy toe amps up the edge of a calf-hair flat splashed with exotic leopard spots.”
- ALDO Leggat flats, $50 – Modernized your closet with this colorblock flat shoe. This pointy-toe also features an adjustable ankle strap.
Barbara is a sophomore at Old Dominion University, majoring in International Studies with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. She also writes for CocoKouture Magazine and would love to pursue a career in the fashion industry as a writer for a top fashion magazine.