07 Aug Earth Angels: 5 Environmentally Conscious Beauty Products – Guest Contributor Kara Manos
by ATFDC Guest Contributor Kara Manos
For the organic obsessed and eco-friendly fashiontonians, here are 5 environmentally conscious beauty products worth buying.
- Organic Wear Natural Origin Jumbo Lash Mascara ($9.95). Coat your lashes in mascara that consists of OrganiSoy (an ingredient that moisturizers and nourishes lashes) and Eco-Olive (a natural antioxidant that protects lashes from environmental aggressors).
- Almay intense i-color smoky-i kit ($8). OK, so Kate Hudson’s totally has me sold on these Almay eyeshadow kits. An easy DIY smoky eye kit that packs an easy visual how-to on achieving a gorgeous smoky eye using a hypoallergenic formula.
- Zoya Nail Polish ($8). A long-wearing, natural nail polish line that not only boasts hundreds of colors but is toluene, formaldehyde, DBP and Camphor free. And at $8 a pop, there’s no reason to not stock up your nail closet with this polish line.
- EVOLVh Organic Hair Products ($21-$28). This line of luxury organic hair-care products is a treat for your tresses, leaving your hair feeling silky, shiny and ultra moisturized. I use their line of products religiously.
- Eos Lip Balm ($3.29). A paraben and petrolatum free product (not to mention, gluten free too!), I’m obsessed with how adorably packaged this lip balm is. Available in six flavors, it’s a miracle I haven’t eaten this before applying!
Kara Manos (@dcshopgirl) writes about all things beauty in the District on her blog, Politics of Pretty.