West Potomac Academy Fashion Design Department is currently seeking design interns who are patient, creative, dedicated and hard-working. This internship will be very hands on with a strong emphasis on design and construction as you will be assisting with various responsibilities and preparations for the upcoming season of senior collections for “Runway Ready 2013″.
Design Intern Responsibilities
Monitoring student work, sketching techniques, inspiration & fabric research, assisting in design developments of prints, embroideries, textiles, and trims, pattern-making, creation of fashion look-books and computer aided designs. You will get hands-on experience how a design studio works, including various stages of projects from concept to completion along with participating in office duties in our creative shop. This position is a great opportunity for someone to learn the ins and outs of running a professional design business in an informal setting.Internship starts on 9/17/12. Candidates MUST be locally-based, need college credit and already have had design, technical and construction skills.Requirements
• Portfolio of work
• Demonstrated proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• WordPress experience highly desired (or willingness to learn)
• Proactive & good at multi-tasking. Efficient!
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Available to work 10-15 hours per week
• Ideally a fashion design student but also not a steadfast requirement
Please send resume with the subject line WPA DESIGN INTERN to email@example.com. www.projectstitchstudio.com