27 Aug Ageless Fashiontonian: Lynne Glassman
nspired by Ari Seth Cohen’s Advanced Style documentary and the recent spotlight by Lanvin, MAC, American Apparel and Bulgari, we recently launched a new All Things Fashion DC series “Ageless Fashiontonians.’ The goal of this series is to feature Washingtonian women 50+ who have an incredible sense of personal style.
This week’s Ageless Fashiontonian is Lynne Glassman! What we love about each Fashiontonian is their personalities and personal style. Learn more about Lynne and check out the slideshow below of 7 Stylish Days with Lynne Glassman.
- Please state your name:Lynne Glassman
- Age: 67 years old
- Occupation:Image Consultant – www.doctorofdress.com
- Favorite DC boutique/retailer/designer: I prefer to shop in boutiques where one can find more unique items both in Washington DC and in my travels. I like Saks Jandel, The Phoenix, Everard’s and Upstairs on Seventh in Washington DC. My favorite designer is Donna Karan but she is a bit pricey for me. For myself I tend to buy most bottoms by Yansi Fugel; Eileen Fisher; Babette; Kedem Sasson and Sara Pacini. I like sweaters and jackets by Babette, Eileen Fisher, Fuzziand many European designers.
- Must-have fashion / beauty item: Accessories are a must-have because they are a true wardrobe extender; they can create the illusion that you are wearing a different outfit every day and are not affected by weight variations. I never feel completely put together without accessorizing my outfit.
- Your #1 fashion, beauty, and/or life Philosophy: My philosophy is that everyone can look attractive; you just need to know what colors and styles flatter you the most.
- Biggest Myth about being stylish after 50: I think one myth about being stylish after 50 is that you can only achieve looking stylist after 50 by getting a face lift and a tummy tuck and other expensive cosmetic procedures. In fact, I think there is something very appealing about a woman over fifty who knows what looks good on her and carries herself with confidence. True, it is important to exercise and to keep your weight down for both health and vanity reasons, but you don’t have to try to look younger to look attractive after 50.
%%wppa%% %%slide=5%% %%size=470%%