Ageless Fashiontonian: Elizabeth Perwin
Inspired by Ari Seth Cohen’s Advanced Style documentary and the recent spotlight by Lanvin, MAC, American Apparel and Bulgari, we recently launched a new All Things Fashion DC series “Ageless Fashiontonians.’ The goal of this series is to feature Washingtonian women 50+ who have an incredible sense of personal style.
This week’s Ageless Fashiontonian is Elizabeth Perwin! What we love about each Fashiontonian is their personalities and personal style. Learn more about Liz and check out the slideshow below of 7 Stylish Days with Liz.
- Name: Elizabeth Perwin (Liz)
- Age: 57 yrs
- Occupation: Psychotherapist
- Favorite DC Boutique/Retailer/Designer: I love interesting local designers such as Kim Schalk, Pico Vela, and bags by Diamantina. I shop for unique pieces at Nana and at the ACC and Smithsonian Craft Shows. To showcase and promote local clothing and accessory designers, I’m organizing a pop-up show this Fall called Weekend Boutique (www.weekendboutique.org).
- Must-Have Fashion/Beauty Item: Fabulous shoes!
- Fashion Philosophy: This is your life, dress for it! If you LOVE it, buy it; wearing something stylish makes you feel great.
- Biggest Myth about Being Stylish After 50: Avoid bright colors, stick to neutrals. Sorry, I just can’t. Maybe because I grew up in Miami, but color is too sensational to save for the young!
%%wppa%% %%slide=6%% %%size=470%%