Complete Guide / ‘Go To’ List: Fashion’s Night Out DC
It’s the most wonderful time of the year…in fashion that is. Fashion’s Night Out has arrived!! Whether you’re in D.C, VA, or MD, we have drafted a list of events that all of our Fashiontonians must be in attendance for. Let’s celebrate Fall fashion and the extraordinary people that define fashion here in the District.
Below is a a listing of various FNO events across our region. Click HERE for ATFDC FNO GO TO MAP.
Fashion’s Night Out DC: Must-Haves
- The Fashion’s Night Out Alexandria (FNOA) Limited Edition t-shirt will go on sale the night of the event for $15 at the Alexandria Visitor Center (221 King Street), the Fashion Show (located at the Torpedo Factory) and the FNOA Kiosk located at (King Street and Fayette Street.)
- FNOA Swag Bag: The first 100 shoppers who visit our FNOA Street Kiosk on the corner of King Street & Fayette Street in Old Town will receive a bag filled with swag from Alexandria businesses. At this spot, shoppers can strike a pose in our “Fashionable Photo Booth” and enjoy activities from event sponsors IZZE, and 94.7 Fresh FM – Today’s Fresh Music.
- Uber: Use the promo code FNO2012 and you will receive an exclusive $15 off you first ride. As you and friend’s party hop during FNO you should feel like a true fashionista by having your own driver.
Uber is a mobile app that puts a professional driver and classy black sedan or SUV curbside with just the touch of a button or text message. You can track the arrival of your ride on your iPhone or Android, payment is cashless, and you’ll even receive a text message when your driver arrives.
Fashion’s Night Out: Washington D.C.
Thursday, September 6, 2012
- DC Scout and CUSP Georgetown Fashion’s Night Out Shopping Party. Toast to fall fashion on Thursday, September 6th from 6-9pm at CUSP Georgetown (3030 M St. NW). Enjoy sips, bites, music and style advice from local stylist Meredith Liberty.
- M29 Lifestyle: What’s the Fall Fashion Forecast?
2800 Pennsylvania Avenue NW (at the entrance of the Four Season Hotel) 6pm-9pm
As we bid farewell to the summer, M29 Lifestyle is helping the people of D.C. get ready for fall fashion by offering complimentary style consultations from Wendy Pilch of Spendella. In addition to touch-up blowout’s from Ismail Tekin of George’s salon. Guests can enjoy these services while sipping on complimentary wine and hors d’ oeuvres. Guests please RSVP to M29@fourseasons.com.
- FNO Red Carpet Locations: Everyone’s a Star – Step on the red carpet and pose!
Cady’s Alley (between 33rd & 34th on M St.)
30th & M St. (SunTrust Bank),
Wisconsin & M St. (Banana Republic)
Dean & DeLuca/BYT lounge on M St.
- Shop for a Cause: Purchase a $15 signature FNO Georgetown t-shirt and tank, and $10 tote bag at the Dean & DeLuca/BYT Lounge. All proceeds benefit Vital Voices Global Partnership, a DC-based charity that identifies, invests in and brings visibility to extraordinary women around the world by unleashing their leadership potential to transform lives and accelerate peace and prosperity in their communities.
- Glamourazzi Charity Celebration with SNOPSWAP & TARI
Tari 1525 Wisconsin Avenue, NW
The women business owners of D.C. have come together to celebrate one of the biggest night’s in fashion with a charity showcase benefiting philanthropist Mary Amon’s anti-bullying lifestyle line, Love Not Label. The event will feature pop-up shops of D.C.’s emerging talent in fashion, beauty and jewelry. Real Housewives of D.C. Lynda Erkiletian will be in attendance signing design items from their personal collections as charitable contributions.
All event go-ers must RSVP.
- Power City Professionals Mixer
Puro Bar & Lounge 1529 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Calling all bloggers, stylists, fashionistas, photographers, designers, models and PR companies. This is a night to network and have a good time with those who work in fashion in D.C. Mix and mingle while enjoying good music, drinks and making new fashion connections. Guests must RSVP to Chaferl at email@example.com and Vincent firstname.lastname@example.org by September 6, 2012 at Noon.
- The Gap Georgetown is hosts book signing for release of Stephany Greene’s new book: Stephany’s Style Secrets; 7 Steps to Live and Dress Your Best.
Gap – Georgetown – 1258 Wisconsin Avenue, N.W. Washington, D.C.
In her book, Stephany shares her more than 20 years of expertise as a Fashion Designer and Design Director who garnered $75 million for Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, Perry Ellis, The NBA and The NFL.
Fashion’s Night Out: Virginia
Thursday, September 6, 2012
- Fashion’s Night Out Alexandria Inaugural Fashion Show
Torpedo Factory Art Center, 105 North Union Street Alexandria, VA
Show starts at 8 p.m.
The show will be emceed by the one and only Monte Durham, Fashion Director from TLC’s hit show “Say Yes to the Dress – Atlanta”. The Torpedo Factory will also have a collection of fashionable artist works from area artists displayed throughout the gallery.
- Del Ray Fashion Block Party
East Oxford & Mount Vernon Avenue, in the heart of Del Ray
The Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria has big plans for their fashion-themed affair as they host the “fashion block party”. Events include a runway show, live music, performance art, as well as some fantastic surprise performances in store.
- Undeniable Boutique Hosts Inaugural Fashion’s Night Out Fairfax
11891 Grand Commons Ave
Fairfax, VA 22030
Undeniable Boutique will be this year’s inaugural Fashion’s Night Out Fairfax. The event will include a fashion show featuring upcoming fall fashion accompanied with live music by The Jones Band.
- Tysons Galleria Fashion’s Night Out
2001 International Drive
McLean, Virginia 22102
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
The Galleria’s luxury retailers have a night planned out for you! Stop in any of our participating luxury brands and relax in their VIP lounge, or enjoy their treats and cocktails!
Stop by Center Court and enjoy the dinner samplings of Tysons Galleria’s best while listening to music from The Christopher Linman Jazz Ensemble from 6:00-8:00 pm
Post – Fashion’s Night Out Go To
Saturday, September 8, 2012
- Post FNO Event with Nicole Miller
Nicole Miller Store
Tyson’s Galleria 4808G International Drive McLean, VA
Nicole Miller invites you to this post FNO out event benefiting Becky’s fund and their efforts to end dating violence. Guests will learn more about the warning signs to an unhealthy relationships while enjoying small bites and cocktails. While shopping, guests will receive 20% off your purchases that will directly benefit Becky’s fund and their mission.
- Bishop Boutique Trunk Shows
815B King Street Alexandria, VA
Bishop Boutique will be featuring two amazing fall collections: Elaine Turner and Julie Collection. Take a peek at their new collection while enjoying an all day Sip & Sale!
- VIP Pre-Event Party with Celebrity Stylist Steven “Cojo” Cojocaru
Peninsula Town Center
4410 East Claiborne Square, Suite 212, Hampton, VA
Be in attendance for this exclusive VIP part featuring a meet and greet with Celebrity stylist Cojo. Guests will receive a FNO tote bag filled with plenty of goodies and much more. Tickets are limited, so please order them in advance! Purchase tickets here
Please refer to the links below for a complete guide to FNO events near you! Go out, be bold and be fashionable in D.C.!