Internship Opportunity: The Fridge
The Fridge is currently seeking an intern to help run the gallery. They have a new exhibition every four weeks and a new event every weekend, and are currently developing a retail space/second exhibition space in what was the back room at The Fridge, now called The Mini-Fridge. They are also focusing on building out their web presence. They predominantly show art from street and graffiti artists and have welcomed artists from all disciplines into our space since our opening in 2009.
The Fridge recently finished their second Fresh Produce festival, welcoming 60+ artists and six collectives into the space over five weeks. We have exhibits from street artists ULTRA, DECOY and TAXI GANG for Fall/Winter 2012 - read more about the line-up here.
- Marketing content development, such as contacting and interviewing artists, creating videos and photographing artwork and events
- Content development for new and existing websites, including researching Fridge archives, researching and talking to artists, and writing copy
- Social media marketing, including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Preparing The Gallery for new exhibitions, including assistance with compiling information for catalogs
- Maintaining SHOP FRIDGE, The Fridge’s retail shop based in the gallery and online
- Administrative tasks, as appropriate
- 1+ years professional experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills, strong design sensibility
- Familiarity with a range of social media platforms
- Attention to detail and ability to organize and coordinate multiple tasks on an ongoing basis
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- Photography and video editing experience a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
They are flexible on setting up a schedule, but require minimum 8 hours per week.
The deadline for applications is October 2, 2012.
To apply, submit a resume with cover letter to Assistant Gallery Director Emma Fisher at email@example.com.